Sunday, July 16, 2006

BOJ interest rate ?!

I was reading an article(http://www.rediff.com/money/2006/jun/23ps.htm) on rediff posted by some stock broker showing how increase of interest rate by BOJ would affect indian market.
Here is my simple take on what could go away/

NSE mkt cap =1495329 cr
=332.2953 Billion $
Japanese funds =5 Bn. $(article says soros suggest this)
Proportion of Jap funds =2%

If BOJ interest sky rockets also then i wont be worrying as it can only affect directly by 2%.
Caution:This is simple calculation and i have not considered indirect affect (money flowing from Jap-->other country and then get invested into india).

Thougths ?

3 comments:

l said...

Hi Ravi, just started my own blog for trading and technical analysis on stocks. www.whammies.blogspot.com It looks like you've been doing this for awhile, if you have any advice or comments let me know what you think.

l said...

I use www.stockcharts.com it's free and easy to use.

I'm not a professional yet, (not enough cash) but I will have my MBA in about 2 years, and then I plan to trade professionally.

Ravi Pathak said...

Try using Amibroker of Metastock as a charting system. This will help to reduce manual burden a lot once you know base of TA.

Let me know if I can be helpful in anyways !